The energy sector in Romania has encountered many challenges in recent years.
Most notably, in the renewable energy sector, recurrent legislative changes have added a complex non-FIT regulated energy & green certificates markets.
Our legal and market know-how together with our technical understanding allows us to provide business –oriented solutions.
How can we help
INDUSTRY-SPECIFIC ADVICE AND AGREEMENTS
- Advice in connection to the energy law framework in Romania.
- Assistance in industry-specific matters and day-to-day business activities.
- Assistance regarding the strategy in connection to future energy matters
- Advice on environmental matters such as waste regulations, polluted sites, water regulations and environmental sanctions.
- Advice, drafting, revision and negotiation on industry-specific agreements, including operation and maintenance, equipment procurement, electricity specific agreements.
DUE DILIGENCE. ACQUISITION AND SALE OF OPERATIONAL PROJECTS.
- Drafting due diligence reports and legal opinions in energy related projects.
- Advice and assessment during the diligence process.
- Assessments of permitting matters in connection to energy projects.
- Advice regarding strategy and structure of the transaction.
- Advice, drafting and negotiation of transaction documents.
TRADING OF ENERGY AND GREEN CERTIFICATES
- Assistance in connection to transactions and trading of energy and green certificates on the regulated market.
- Advice, drafting, revision and negotiation of trading of energy and green certificates related agreements.
- Advice on proceedings to be undertaken under the regulation of the market.
- Advice on balancing market matters.
PERMITTING AND MARKET AUTHORITIES MATTERS
- Advice on regulatory matters, including issuance, suspensions, renewals of licenses, authorizations, permits, certificates.
- Advice, assistance and representation in front of relevant authorities in connection to permitting and interconnection matters.
- Assistance in connection to matters involving the Romanian Energy Regulatory Authority (ANRE), Romanian Transmission and System Operator (Transelectrica SA), regional energy suppliers, the Romanian Gas and Electricity Market Operator (OPCOM).
- Advice and representation in connection to energy and day-to-day business matters.
- Advice regarding the building of strategy in litigation matters.
- Assistance with project development and structuring.
- Advice in connection to rights over land and permitting aspects.
- Advice and assistance with all matters regarding construction, commissioning and interconnection of the project.
- Advice during the operation stage of the project.
Wind energy power plants
Solar energy power plants.
Hydroelectric power projects.
Oil & gas projects
Electricity networks projects